Doctor Popular - Rain City x Doc Pop Collab!
From Rain City: Doc Pop is a long time innovator in the yoyo community. He’s released a series of yoyos that combine classic and modern design elements. When he approached me about a collaboration with Rain City Skills, I was stoked!
The Pop Art features a slimline design for responsive play, but with some interesting design elements:
1. Size A bearing – gives it that real classive feel with a smooth tug-response.
2. Response – The extra-wide gamer pads to give the string more surface to grab.
3. The gap – Slim catch zone with high walls, broken up by a pair of “Schmoove Grooves” combining for snappy, predictable response.
4. Cup – The hub is a wide, tapered aluminum insert that ends at a high Delrin wall. This allows for pull starts and other tricks that are fun with responsive 1a and 5a play.
5. Light weight - But well balanced for snappy stalls and regens.
Doc Pop get’s really creative with a trick style called “Responsive Freehand”, taking advantage of the responsive throw for some neat stall tricks that verge on Begleri play!
NOTE:When making the hand dyed versions, Jeff Anderson worked his magic and created some beautiful colors. Unfortunately, something in the design of the Pop Art didn't like being heated, and the process introduced some vibe. Nothing critical, but you'll notice a bit it if you are playing unresponsive. Lesson learned, in future we'll test the dye on prototypes to make sure they can handle it!
The good news - you get a Limited Edition Dyed Pop Art for a discount! Grab yourself a "Sorry Grade" Pop Art for a sweet price!
Pop Art Specifications:
|Diameter:||59.8 mm / 2.35 inches|
|Width:||31.9 mm / 1.26 inches|
|Gap Width:||2.75 mm / 0.11 inches|
|Bearing Size:||Size A|
|Release Date:||July 2020|